Reflections 2018



The time has come to pause and just think back on 2018.  

How fast 2018 went.  I still clearly remember this time last year and with a blink, more than three hundred and sixty over days have gone by...

2018 is a relatively emotional year...

Trust was broken and mended but will it be the same? I really can't tell. I really hope for it to be.

Stress level was high due to personal yearning for excellence and which is measured in the form of grade points....am glad to report that I am getting there...

I broke some barriers in my travel adventure when I went on a solo trip to the land of street food and bubble tea.  It was quite common for me to travel solo for work in my previous work but it's my first for a leisure trip.  I quite like it! haha..  It was also a wonderful time I had with the princess in the lion city even though it's just for a couple of days over the weekend.

I bought twelve books this year, the purchase of which is recorded in this blog here, here, here and here and oh...here too.

I read only about 36 books this year is is rather all time low but it's been like that for couple of years already so I guess I have to accept it.

PurpleQueenFairyReads will end the year with 55 posts which is 5 posts more than last two years which is rather unexpected but a pleasant unexpectation.  I would be happy to end with equal number of posts with the previous years but to be more is indeed a bonus.  Here's a cheer to an equally good reading year for 2019 and hopefully I can achieve target of 60 posts for the year.

I don't have any specific favourite book this year but I quite like Blood Sister by Jane Corry and Beach Music by Pat Conroy.

Reflecting back, there is 'something' that I though would be established this year but perhaps this is not the season for it to be so.

Come what may, I am thankful for all that happen in 2018 but it's time to say good bye and close the page and start a new page for 2019.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Book Fair - 2nd Time Around Used Books