Second Time Around Books - Book purchase #5

Image from my insta-story

The Second time Around Book Fair is annual event in my city for the past ten or so years.

Initially, when the fair was here, there would be quite an excitement in the household for the princess and I.  Unfortunately, as time goes by, the excitement also got less and less and this year, we didn't even talk about going at all.

This could due to the fact that the titles and selections are not very exciting after a while as the books are not very new and for me it's also due to the fact that I have many unread books lying around that I am not motivated to go.

Having said that, I nearly purchased a few titles while in Kinokuniya in the capital city last week.  Kinokuniya's selection is just too fantastic.  I found books that I am not able to find in mainstream bookstores.  I have to physically forced myself out of the bookstore!

Anyway, I did have a bit of time the other day after dinner and since I was in that part of the city, I decided to drop by The Second Time Around Book Fair just to 'check it out'

'Check it out' I did and I walked away with two books :
  • Room by Emma Monoghue which is a best seller and this particular copy is super new.
  • The Shadow of The Wind by Carlos  Ruiz Zafon.  I love this series originally written in Spanish and translated to English.  I read The Shadow of the Wind years ago (more than 10 years) and and I read the second title the Angel's Games about 5 years ago and what I really want is the third book Prisoner of Heaven but I can't seems to come across it all these years.  Anyway, I am happy to get my hands on The Shadow of The Wind.  Going to read it again...soon.....
Anyway, both titles cost about US$4 only for both copies so it's a good purchase.

With that, this made my books purchases for the year at 12 books. *pretty happy".



Comments

  1. I didn't buy much this round. Hope to back again. Heard they extend their fair till end of January.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg