Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella

Synopsis :

Audrey develops a anxiety disorder as a result of an unpleasant incident and she can't leave the house. she can't even take off her dark glasses inside the house.

Then Audrey meets Linus, her brother's gaming teammate and she finds that she can talk through her fears with Linus in a way she's never been able to do with anyone before.


With his friendly, orange-slice smile and his funny notes, he starts to entice Audrey out again - well, Starbucks is a start. And with Linus at her side, Audrey feels like she can do the things she'd thought were too scary. Suddenly, finding her way back to the real world seems achievable.


This is what I say :

This is Sophie's first YA genre.

I can't say I like it.  I actually got a bit confused with it as I was waiting to find out what 'unpleasant incident' that caused Audrey to develop such disorder.  It was never mentioned.  It was just hinted that it was truly, really unpleasant and that quite a few girls were involved.  I think Audrey was bullied in some ways by these girls and it was be a horrifying experience.

Even then, I can't really find the 'umph' in this title.  Perhaps the author is being careful on how she would write this seeing it's a bit off the beaten track fro her.

The script narration part was unique and interesting and certain gave the book some dimensions.  

Other than that, I still prefer the 'old' Sophie Kinsella although I guess it's a good try by the author to attempt something different.

I read this during my recent weekend gateaway and it was just the right book...neither too light nor too heavy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg