Blood Sisters by Jane Corry


Synopsis :

Three little girls set off to school one sunny May morning.  Within an hour, one of them is dead.

Fifteen years later, Kitty can't speak and has no memory of the accident that's to blame. She lives in an institution, unlikely ever to leave. But that doesn't keep her from being frightened when she encounters an eerily familiar face. 

Art teacher Alison looks fine on the surface. But the surface is a lie. She's struggling to make ends meet and to forget the past. When a teaching job at a prison opens up, she takes it, despite her fears. Maybe this is her chance to set things right. Then she starts to receive alarming notes; next, her classroom erupts in violence.

Meanwhile, someone is watching both Kitty and Alison. Someone who never forgot what happened that day. Someone who wants revenge. And only another life will do. . .



This is what I say :

My copy of Blood Sisters is an ARC given to me about a year ago.  I actually thought it's a horror novel and wanted to keep it for near the halloween season.   However, Blood Sisters  is not a horror genre but can be considered a psychological thriller.

It started off rather confusingly with snippets of phrases and it took a while for me to get the timeline and characters in syn.  Once I have done that, it was a very smooth read right till the end.

I really enjoy reading Blood Sisters.   The plot was thrilling enought to keep me guessing and flipping the pages till the very end and even at the very end, the author throws in a surprise which made me did a double take and reflecting back on what I have read as it does change my perspective of one of the characters and made me went 'wow!' in a 'psychotically admiring' way :)

With a rather high rating in goodreads.com, this title is highly recommended if you are keen for a relaxing yet thrilling escape with the sisters.

This is actually one of the titles I brought with me when I had my weekend gateaway last month.  The sisters were good company when I have to hours to kill while waiting for my connecting flight.  I actually bought two books with me which is a good thing as I finished reading Blood Sisters during my trip itself and the other copy came in useful for the returning connecting flight.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg