The Wrong Man by John Katzenbach

Synopsis :

Ashley Freeman, a beautiful, bright art student, had what she thought was just a fling with Michael O'Connell, a blue-collar bad boy.  But now, no amount of pleading or reasoning can discourage his phone calls, ardent e-mails, and constant, watchful gaze.

For Michael's brash, handsome features conceal a black and empty soul.  Control is his religion and rage is his language.  In desperation, Ashley turns to her divorced parents and her mother's new partner - three people locked in a cold triangle of resentment.  But their fierce devotion to Ashley is the common bond that will draw them together to face down a predator. 

For Ashley's family, her ordeal is a test of primal love that will drive them to the extreme edge - and beyond in a battle of wills that escalates into a life-or-death war to protect their own.

I bought this book for the purpose of my flea market sales recently.  It was one of thirty books that was recommended.  I didn't really know what I was purchasing as the sales was conducted in a parking lot and I didn't have time to flip through the books.  When I managed to just look through them, I discovered that the first eighty pages are missing!

Anyway, with nothing to loose, I thought I just try reading the book from page 81 onwards and see if it will make sense. Surprisingly it does.  Even more surprising is that it's a very good thriller.  The plot's quite unique as the focus is on stalking and being stalked.  The writing was good in that the author managed to bring the suspense to the surface and keep it there.   Because I missed about the first 15% of the story, there are parts that I wasn't really sure what it was all about.  However, towards the end of the book, everything quite make sense and I didn't really miss much after all...nothing that imagination can't contribute too.

As it is, it is simply good already. Imagine if the book is 'whole', it would have even been better.  If you come across this book wherever you are, do give it a try.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg