Books Second Time Around In Kuching Again - November 2014




Hills Shopping Mall, a mall downtown which is rather quiet will be bustling with people these two months.  That is because Hills Mall is the annual new home of the largest second hand book sales in Kuching since last year.  Choosing to call their books Second Time Around, the books are all pre-read books brought in from the States and Northern American and they can be either from personal collections or libraries.

t was last Saturday, around 11 am that the princess and I made our way to Hills Shopping Mall.  There wasn't much of a crowd yet when we got there but I managed to meet some friends and we bumped into my dad there too!


The princess made bee-line for the young adults section but the choice wasn't much.  Perhaps they have not unpacked much of their books yet.  I was asked to keep an eye on the Divergent Series which the princess is starting to read but I wasn't successful in my search for this series.

Personally, I was looking for A Prisoner of Heaven by Carlos Ruiz Zafon but again, either the selection this year wasn't really there or the organiser has not really unpacked yet being it's just into the first two hours of the sales and they are going to be here until mid-December.


I did see a few of titles that I read previously and which I quite highly recommend to readers.  There are a few copies of The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edward so in case you see them, it's a great book.

I read a Wedding Blunder in the Black Hills as an e-book as part of a review programme that I did years ago, so it was quite refreshing to see this title.  I was quite tempted to get a copy just for my collection.

I didn't buy any books but the princess picked up a few Goosebumps Titles.  For some reason that I cannot comprehend, she is suddenly into scary books!

So, if you're in Kuching, head to Hills Shopping Mall from 10 am to 10 pm, Monday to Sunday from now till 21st December and bring home a book or two.  Who knows, we might bump into each other as I will certainly be going there again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg