Dust to Dust by Tami Hoag

Synopsis :

Sorry - the single word was written on a mirrow.  In front of it hung the Minneapolic Internal Affairs cop.  Was it suicide? Or a kinky act turned tragic?

Either way, it wasn't murder. At elast not according to the powers that be.  But veteran homicide detective Sam Kovac and his wisecracking, ambitious partner Nikki Liska think differently.  Together they begin to dig at the too-neat edges of the young cop's death, uncovering one motive and one suspect after another. The shadows of suspicion fall not only on the city's elite, but into the very heart of the police department.  Someone wants the case closed - quickly and forever.  But neither Kovac nor Liska will give up.  Now both their careers and their lives are on the line.  From a murder case two months old to another case closed for twenty years.  Kovac and Liska must unearth a connection the killer wants dead and buried.  A killer who will stop at absolutely nothing to keep a dark and shattering secret.

A bookseller recommended me to Tami once upon a time when I asked him which other author writes good thriller and he said Tami Hoag is quite popular.  I didn't take up his recommendation at that time.

Fast forward to many years later, I remember the recommendation and decided to give Tami a try. Dust to Dust is my first Tami Hoag book.  It took me a rather long time to finish reading Dust to Dust not due to lack of interest but more due to the fact that everything was rather slow and that both Kovac and Liska weren't particularly endearing characters to me.

Having said that, it is a good thriller with a rather good ending.  There's actually two cases that the detectives solved which are unrelated but which in their investigation, they thought the cases were related.  That was rather confusing for me especially when it took me so long to complete, I kinda forgot the details of what I read earlier.

I can't say I will go and pick up another Tami Hoag immediately but I would keep her in view for future consideration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg