Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

Synopsis :

Becky Brandon thinks that having a daughter is a dream come true; a shopping friend for life!  But two-year-old Minnie proves to be a challenge.  She created havoc everywhere she goes, and her favourite word is 'mine!' On top of everything else, suddenly there's a huge nationwide financial crisis.

With people having to cut back, Becky decides to throw a surprise party for Luke to cheer everyone up.  But when costs start to spiral out of control, she must decide whether to accept help from an unexpected source - and thereby run the risk of hurting the person she loves.

Will Becky be able t pull off the celebration of the year?  Will Minnie ever learn to behave?  And...most important...will Becky's secret wishes ever come true?

‘Should I buy this book or shouldn’t I?’ have the question I asked myself for quite some times each time I’m in the bookstore. ‘Someone wonderful’ noticed my indecisiveness and decided to take the decision out of my hand. On my recent celebration, I was presented with Mini Shopahoilic as one of my presents. *hugs*

As such, over the recent long holidays, I entered the latest wacky adventure of Rebecca Brandon (nee Bloomwood) also known as Becky. This would be the sixth book on Becky that I have been reading for the past 8 years starting with Confession of a Shopaholic and the one before this, Shopaholic and Baby.

Becky’s adventure is always entertaining and in this latest instalment, she entertains us as she fumbles her way through organising Luke’s birthday party. In between doing that she has to deal with some issues with Luke and Minnie and Luke’s insistence that Minnie needs to be more discipline and thus requires a super nanny. Not to mention, Becky's parents’ reaction (which wasn’t what she was expected) to them moving out of her parents’ house and situations that only Becky can get herself into. The part where her parents tried to tag along with them to their new house is both sad and funny at the same time.  Anyway, Becky learns a few things about her friends and herself in this book.  She was even diagnosed as being a ‘shopaholic’ due to her reaction when in a hall. Hahah....what joke.

I thought I was rather tired of Becky after Shopaholic and Baby but no, Becky’s like a favourite pair of old shoes that you really want to stop wearing but you can’t and you want to dislike but you can’t too and that’s just because. No other reason. That’s how I felt about Becky. Her sense of dramatisation can really get on my nerve but her impromptu actions reactions and also the things that she can come up with really puts a smile on my face.

The book ended with Becky and Luke making plans to relocate for a few months to the land of silver screen *spoiler* so, I am very certain we shall see Becky again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg