Shopaholic & Baby by Sophie Kinsella

Synopsis :



Becky’s life is blooming. She’s working at London’s newest fashion store, The Look, house-hunting with husband Luke and she’s pregnant! She couldn’t be more overjoyed especially since discovering that shopping cures morning sickness .


Everything has got to be perfect for her baby – from the designer nursery, to the latest, coolest pram...to the celebrity, must-have obstetrician. But when the celebrity obstetrician turns out to be her husband Luke’s glamorous, intellectual ex-girlfriend, Becky’s perfect world starts to crumble.

Welcome to Becky’s world where everything can be solved through shopping. Becky’s really well known now that she’s got her first movie which starts Isla Fisher. Will there be more? I’m not sure.

In Shopaholic and Baby, things get slightly out of control for Rebecca Bloomwood nee Brandon or otherwise known as Becky. Blame it on the hormones or blame it on Becky herself but she would blame it on Luke’s ex-girlfriend, the celebrity obstetrician whom Becky initially fought hard to be a client of. Can’t say it does her any good since the ex-girlfriend still has it for Luke and it wasn’t difficult for her to make Becky looks like the fool that she sometimes could be. Don’t get me wrong, I love Becky and there's a bit of Becky in me but sometimes she drives me up the wall. But, despite all of Becky’s weaknesses, she’s all heart and whatever common sense that she might lack, she certainly made it up through her kindness, her optimism and simplicity of her thought process (I’m not doing a good job making her sound good here, am I?)  Having said all that, I do feel for her when she thought that Luke was having an affair with his ex-girlfriend.  But being Becky, she bounces back quick and with much drama.

Shopaholic and Baby is the 5th book under the Shopaholic Series. The latest would be Mini Shopaholic featuring shopping adventure of Becky and her 2 year old baby girl. I haven’t read it yet as I’m not sure if I want to. For you see, I am rather tired of Becky already and there are some review which says that Sophie should have stop at Baby. I am sure Sophie would want to but I am sure she can’t just yet as Becky is still pretty much a cash cow for her.

Yes, go read if you’re a fan or if you wish to be a fan of Shopaholic or you just wish for some entertainment.

Seriously, I really like the Shopaholic series even thought I seems to imply otherwise here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg