Second Glance by Jodi Picoult


Synopsis :


A developer has slated an ancient Abenaki Indian burial ground for a strip mall, and now strange happenings have the inhabitants of tiny Comtosook, Vermont, talking of supernatural forces at work. Ross Wakeman is a ghost hunter who’s never seen a ghost – all he’s searching for is something to end the pain of losing his fiancée, Aimee, in a car accident. Ross lives only for a way to connect with Aimee from beyond. Searching the site for signs of paranormal, he meets the mysterious Lia, who sparks him to life for the first time in years. But who is Lia? The discoveries that await Ross are beyond anything he could dream of in this world – or the next.

I was just thinking before getting this from the library that it has been a long time since I read a good ghost novel...one that is not gross but a good haunting with interesting storyline. Guess which book fell right into my hand while at the library recently.

Reading Second Glace is like going out on a first date. This is because this is the first time I read a Jodi Picault novel. So, like a first date, I was excited when I got this book from the local library. I look forward to it the moment I got it. And you know what, it was a good first date.  Really good! It was everything I wish or hope for....exciting, fun, enjoyable but at the same time, proceed with caution but in a relaxing way.
Unfortunately, like a good first date, it has to end and it ended too soon but it ended well with a happy note. It was a real good right up to the end and good bye was said with lots of hope and expectation because I know that it wasn’t the last date. There would be many more to come.

I can’t wait for the second date! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg