Full Tilt by Janet Evanovich

Synopsis :



Jamie Swift has one priority in quiet Beaumont, South Carolina: running the local newspaper. Romance runs second. But with the arrival of her silent partner, the notoriously mysteriously and sexy Maximillian Holt, Jamie’s life gets shaken up. Max claims he’s here to give his brother-in-law a vote of confidence. A former wrestler, Frankie Fontana’s now taking his shots in the political ring. Beaumont could use a major with scruples, but what it gets is a crime – and what Jamie gets is a story that’s taking her for a ride on the wild side, complete with two assassins, a washed up stripper and an insane poacher. Between a spray of bullets and a fast gateway, could it get any more romantic or dangerous? Max and Jamie are betting their lives on a long shot.

This is my first introduction to Janet Evanovich. I have another of her book that I have yet to read. Although this book is published in 2003, the style that it’s written is very 80s. Needless to say, this is not my kind of book - for now. I might like it 10 years ago but I certainly felt that it’s slightly immature for me at this point of time. It’s a good read, fast and entertaining, silly and exasperating at times –trying to guess who the villain(s) is/are which wasn’t that difficult but there’s a missing ‘omph’ that I can’t put my fingers on.

This is the second book that Janet co-wrote with her good friend, Charlotte Hughes. The 1st was Full House and the 3rd is called Full Speed which also has Jamie and Max.

Janet Evanovich is such an accomplished writer with many titles under her belt and legions fans that will sing praises to her work but unfortunately, based on this book, I can’t say I am one of them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg