High Crimes by Joseph Finder


Synopsis :


Claire Chapman has it all. A professor at Harvard Law School, a high-powered criminal defence attorney, happily married with a six-year-old daughter, she has recently won the case of her career.
But this is all about to change. A random burglary sets off a terrifying chain of events. Tom is arrested and put on trial for a thirteen-year-old mass murder, and Claire puts her reputation on the line to defend him. But as the trial progresses, it becomes apparent that the Pentagon will let nothing stand in the way of Tom's conviction, and Claire's faith in the man she loves is tested to the limit.

This is what I say :


I discovered Joseph Finder's novels about three years ago with Buried Secrets being the first book that I read and from then on, I am on the lookout for his novels.  However, it's not very easy to find his novels in the mainstream bookstores  here where I am and it's only at stores such as Kinokuniya that I might find his titles and if that's the case, it would mean that I need to purchase retail which I can't always afford to do so.

I am  extremely happy to find his titles online as e-books through country national library where I can legitly check-out an e-copy of his title to read and return.  It's the same as checking out books at your local library with the only difference being this would be an e-copy.

That's how I read Moscow Club and there's about five more titles for me to check out.

80% of High Crimes take place in the military court.  If that's not your interest, you might find it slightly boring but if you are patience and read through, you will be rewarded by the author at the end of the last chapter with something unexpected.

Throughout this title, the question of whether Tom did commit the crime he was accused of remains unanswered and like a flower, even after peeling off all the petals, one can't be very certain until the last chapter where all is revealed.

If you are going to read this title, stay patient for the reward. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg