Book Drive in BCCK



I saw in the social media recently of a book drive for children's books that is ongoing in Borneo Convention Centre (BCCK).  The organiser did not specify an end date to the drive but rather, a box is just being placed near the escalator for the public to drop their books in. You can't miss it going up the escalator from ground level.  It was also mentioned in the social media that the book drive is part of BCCK's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives and the books will be donated to various children's home.

When I was there about a week ago, the box was extremely empty except for a couple of Miss Sunshine books as you can see above. I have quite a bit of children's books that I can donate but they are at home but I do have some books in  my car so I went to check if what I have are relevant.  Unfortunately, they were not really relevant except for one or two.


Well, better one or two than none at all so I decided to drop in my Victorian Doll House book and a couple others just so that the books have each other for company and won't be too lonely.  I do wish I have more copies with me to drop them in.



I certainly hope in days to come with more people going to BCCK for the many events there that more books will be donated.

I also hope that I have a chance to be in BCCK again and you can be sure that if I do, I will bring a couple more to drop in the bin.

If you are in my city and books that you wish to clear off your shelves, you can try to drop them off at BCCK.

Comments

  1. I do have quite a lot of children books to give away. I mostly pass over to my nephews and nieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to have family to hand the books down to. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg