Entering The Wolf's Den - Big Bad Wolf is in Town



Like what I mentioned in my earlier post, the Big Bad Wolf is currently in town.  It has been in town since 25 April and will be here until 5 May.

For various reasons, I wasn't sure if I wanted to go and pay the wolf a visit.  I was disappointed by the wolf last year but I guess I can let bygone be bygone and have a fresh start with this well know creature in the world of any bibliophile in the country.

Entrance

Anyway, during a recent public holiday and with dinner out of the way and nothing much else on the table, I though I shall check out what the wolf has to offer this year.  It's quite a dangerous move as I could be devoured by the wolf and has much to lose but the temptation is too great!

The location of the wolf's den is actually at a mall that I am not familiar with.  I have not been to that mall although I am aware of it's existence.  The location of the exact den within the mall itself is pretty disappointing.  It's actually at a basement car parking lot that has been barrier up.  Although there's air-conditioning, the whole place is still rather stuffy and dusty.  It wasn't long before the dust and environment caused an allergic reaction and the rashes on my arms flared up.

Inside the hall

My impression....there's more variety this time round.  However, there's not much selection where fictions are concerned.  Perhaps I am more jaded in my outlook on book fairs and book sales and perhaps my expectations and purchasing habits have changed,  but for whatever reason, my personal opinion is that I am rather disappointed.

Perhaps I went expecting to be 'wow' at many levels but that didn't happen.  The selection of novels generally consists of authors and titles that are not very well known although there are some well know title but rather sporadically.

Perhaps I also went expecting to be disappointed and as such it will take a lot to impress me and the wolf didn't meet my expectations and certainly failed to impress me..

If you are not that selective and are looking for some children's books especially the board books then you might be happier as there's quite a fair selections and extremely competitive price.  Other than that, there's also one whole sections dedicated to public examinations related materials (UPSR, PT3 and SPM) and although some are quite old prints which made me concern about it's relevancy in such public exams but I guess if one to use it just for some referencing then the materials are certainly worth purchasing as they are at a fraction of retail price.

Payment Counter
At the end of the day, I was there for less than an hour and I am happy to report that I emerged victories from the wolf's den.

ME 1 BBW 0




Comments

  1. I bought some novels. Not many. 5 only. Hubby bought a lot, mostly on history and fiction. The kids bought mostly reference book.

    I do agree on the location. Wish it coukd be better venue.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Book Fair - 2nd Time Around Used Books