Reading Marathon 2018


As at this time tomorrow, I am a 'free being' :) I would have submitted my assignments and with no examinations this semester, I am officially done for this semester. *doing the happy dance*. It's a pretty tough semester with much distractions but come what may, I did my best.

I will thus start my book marathon.   I started it last year and I thought it would be interesting to continue it this year.  The thought of dedicating a whole month to reading sounds very appealing.

Having said that, I still have a lot (and I mean, a lot) of other commitments so I really do not know how I will do but for this marathon but let's just give it a go and evaluate from there.

I have also kinda identify the following titles to take part in my marathon :


  • Death In Holy Orders by P.D. James - been in my shelf long enough
  • Take A Look At Me Now by Miranda Dickinson - didn't make it to my recent gateaway
  • Dark Places by Gillian Flynn - ditto
  • The Copper Beach by Maeve Binchy - it has been a while since I read this author
  • Simple Genius by David Baldacci - just to have at least one thriller in the marathon

These are pre-selected based on my intention.  I did this selection in between my assignments (as part of self motivating!) I really do not know if I would stick to this selection but I will give it a try.

You might however think '5 titles only mah...what's the big deal?  What kinda reading marathon is this with only 5 titles?' 

If you think like that, I quite agree with you as I had the same thoughts too but I didn't have time to select more titles so yes, there should be at least a couple of titles more.

All I can say is let the race begin!





Comments

  1. Keep it up. Not much reading fton me this year. I think I read 2 - 3 books this year up to date. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Not doing so well....been busy with other stuff! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg