Sidney Sheldon's Angel of the Dark by Tilly Bagshawe



Synopsis :

When an elderly multimillionaire is found brutally murdered in his Hollywood home, his young wife raped and beaten, and his art and jewels stolen, the motive seems pretty clear.  Ben when the investigation doesn't turn up a single lead, the case is closed and his stunning widow vanishes.

Nearly a decade later, the victim's son, Matt Daley, makes a shocking discovery : three murders identical to his father's have taken place across the globe in recent years.  In each case the widow, the sole beneficiary of the will, donates everything to children's charities.

As the case is reopened and another murder is discovered, Matt becomes besotted with the latest widow until she, too, disappears. It's only a matter of time before the killer strikes again.

This is what I say :

The late Sidney Sheldon is truly a master storyteller and my younger self would read his titles over and over and over again with If Tomorrow Comes being an all time favourite.

Since his death, his estate has allowed Tilly Bagshawe to come out with thriller and sequels under his name.  To me, it's pretty much hits and misses with misses being more prominent and my expectations are never very high.

However, with Angel of The Dark, I think Tilly has nailed it.  I loved this title and read it over one weekend.  Very easy to read, the story just flow and intriguing factor was high.

As reason, you might know storyline and plot in general, it's the little titbits that Tilly added in that made the title worthy of Sidney's name.  I know that certain critics are not very kind and demand closure for this and that and I can only say that if they read it properly, the closure were mentioned.  

And the epilogue - classic!  Some critic says that they hated the book due to the epilogue but to me, that's the cherry on top of the cake.  It spins the ending to a totally new paradigm.

Do give it a try.  I don't mind reading this again in the future when I ran out of reading materials!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg