Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner

Synopsis :

Jennifer Weiner's rich, witty, true-to-life "New York Times" bestselling novel tells the story of three very different women as they navigate one of life's most wonderful and perilous transitions: the journey of new motherhood. Becky is a plump, sexy chef who has a wonderful husband and baby girl, a restaurant that's received citywide acclaim -- and the mother-in-law from hell. Kelly is an event planner who's struggling to balance work and motherhood while dealing with an unemployed husband who seems content to channel-surf for eight hours a day. And Ayinde's basketball superstar husband breaks her trust at her most vulnerable moment, putting their new family even more in the public eye. Then there's Lia, a Philadelphia native who has left her Hollywood career behind, along with her husband and a tragic secret, to start her life all over again.

From prenatal yoga to post birth sex, "Little Earthquakes" is a frank, funny, fiercely perceptive take on the comedies and tragedies of love and marriage.
 


I remember saying, a few posts ago, that I would not be reading anything by Jennifer Weiner anytime soon.  However, here I am again, having just read another title by her.  I can't seems to keep my words when it comes to this author.

Can't really blame me as I am a long time fan of In Her Shoes which I read early this month.  Maybe that's why I was quite eager to read Little Earthquakes as I have not come across this titles before. So, if you ask me if it was any good...I would have to tell you oh yes! it's good!

Little Earthquakes is both funny and sad at the same time. Jennifer introduced us to Lia first and Lia was sad and readers won't know what Lia was sad about.  Actually, Lia wasn't just sad, she was sorrowful and you can feel that from her.  Next you have Becky who's pregnant with her first child and running a restaurant and Kelly who's needed security badly due to what she lacked during her childhood and Ayinde, the wife of a famous athletic husband who unfortunately has to deal with some rather unpleasant situation just after the birth of her baby boy.

These women and their stories are the story of Little Earthquakes. Though they are different, the common link of having a baby brought them together and together they supported each other.  While it wasn't as good as In Her Shoes, Little Earthquakes was rather good for me.  I feel so sad for Lia and for Ayinde while Becky's story was rather funny and Kelly's was rather pathetic but equally enjoyable.

I would recommend Little Earthquakes to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg