Lightning by Dean Koontz

Synopsis :

A storm struck one the night Laura Shane was born, and there was a strangeness about the weather that people would remember for years.  But even more mysterious was the blond-haired stranger who appeared out of nowhere - the man who saved Laura from a fatal delivery.  

Years later - another bold of lightning and the stranger returned, again to save Laura from tragedy.  Was he the guardian angel he seemed?  The devil in disguise? or the master of a haunting destiny beyond time and space? 

How was your weekend?  Mine went too fast but it's all good as we get another day off tomorrow to celebration the country's birthday, so happy birthday Malaysia! I am proud to call you home.

I read this over the weekend.  Like The Eye of Darkness, Lightning was one of Dean Koontz's earlier book and it was as good as Eye of Darkness like I know it would be.   I could not remember if I read this book previously when I was hooked on Dean Koontz about twenty years ago.  What I know is that Lightning's storyline is like how I remembered Dean Koontz to write and it's really how I like it.

I had guessed quite accurately who the stranger who kept on appearing to Laura is.  I wasn't very far off but what I didn't count on was Dean's fixation with a particular world war and incorporate that into the storyline.

Lightning is extremely thrilling and intriguing and the right book for those seeking these elements in a book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg