The Eyes of Darkness by Dean Koontz

Synopsis :

A year had passed since little Danny's death - a year since his mother began the painful process of acceptance.  But tonight, Tina Evans swore she saw her Danny in a stranger's car.  Then she dreamed that Danny was alive.  And when she awoke, she found a message waiting for her in Danny's bedroom - two disturbing words scrawled on his chalkboard : NOT DEAD. 

Was it someone's grim joke? Her mind playing tricks on her? or something more? For Tina Evans, it was a mystery she couldn't escape.  An obsession that would lead her from the bright lights of Las Vegas to the cold shadows of the High Sieras.  A terrible secret seen only by The Eyes of Darkness

This is it! This is one of the books by Dean Koontz that I read many, many years ago.  It was during that time too that I was hooked on Dean Koontz and can read one title a day.  However, I was still in college then and couldn't afford this habit of mine so I rented the books from book rental stores and that is who I do not own many titles by him.

It was only recently that I bought this title and a few others.  The Eyes of Darkness brought me back to those many years ago as a college student, devouring Dean Koontz over the weekends and in between classes.

What can I say?  Titles such as this is what Dean Koontz are famous for.  Intriguing and terrifying, readers would be swapped along the tide as the story unveils itself in ways that only certain authors who are great storytellers can do.  While others might say it's a bit slow, I would say it's at just nice a pace and while some might say the storyline is rather absurd, I just want to remind them that it is a paranormal thriller.

If you have not read any of Dean Koontz's title, this would be a good introduction on some of his better works.


Comments

  1. Read his other book. By the light of the moon.

    This storyline sounds more exciting. Shall hunt for it in book store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure if you would be able to find it in the store and they could be out of print already. I might want to sell this copy? Interested?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg