The Interprertation of Murder by Jed Rubenfeld

Synopsis :

On the morning after Sigmund Freud arrives in New York on his first and only visit to the United States, a stunning debutante is found bound and strangled in her penthouse apartment, high above Broadway.  The following night, another beautiful heiress, Nora Acton, is discovered tied to a chandelier in her parents' home, viciously wounded and unable to speak or to recall her ordeal.

Soon Freud and his American disciple, Stratham Younger, are enlisted to help Miss Acton recover her memory, and to piece together the killer's identity.  It is a riddle that will test their skills to the limit, and lead them on a thrilling journey - into the darkest places of the city and of the human mind.

I think I read this book before.  I just can't really remember but there were sense of deja vu throughout reading this that the chance of me reading this before is real high.  I just can't remember I guess with the many titles that I read over the years.  That is one reason why this platform is useful for me to keep track of what I read and what I have read over the years.

The Interpretation of Murder wasn't really that great a book.  It is however set in an era that held much charm and stories written about that period do have a hint of charm and mysteriousness that is rather intriguing to me.  That was one main reason why I was attracted to this book this time round.  It certainly wasn't the title and the synopsis wasn't really that captivating but it's more the cover image and the fact that it's in the early 1900s that captivated my interest and thus my attention.

The plot does make a good mystery but the fact that it's based on an actual event and wasn't really that original certainly doesn't give much credit in the imagination department of the author.  The writing was quite confusing as the focus wasn't just on the murder and the attack but also on some issues relating to the followers or disciples of Sigmund Freud.

Anyway, anyhow,  I completed the book and I hope I won't read it by accident again in the far future.  I guess I won't if I am still faithful with this blog, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg