Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend by Mathew Green

Synopsis :

My name is BUDO.

I have been alive for 5 years. 5 years is a very long time for someone like me to be alive.  Max gave me my name. Max is 8 years old. He is the only human person who can see me.

I know what max knows, and some things he doesn't.  I know that Max is in danger.  And I know that I am the only one who can save him.

 On the top of the cover page, there's a statement by Jodi Picoult that 'You've never read a book like this before'.  It's quite true cos I have never read a book like this before.  The closest I have read on imaginary friend is If You Could See Me Now by Cecilia Ahern which I thought was one great book on imaginary friend.  However, memoirs is also very, very good.

I read this book within 2 days, corneal infection and all.  It's extremely captivating and one of the books that I really want to read in one sitting.  The book is told from the perspective of Budo, an imaginary friend of Max, an eight year old boy who I believe is autistic.  Budo introduced the readers to the world of imaginary friends and how each is similar but at the same time different.  Budo gave Max much comfort as Max has to deal with so much complexity and expectations in his life especially after Max was abducted. But at the end Max proves that he can save himself.

To be honest I have to flip forward the pages midway through the books as if not, I will read it through the night and not sleep and I can't afford not to sleep and my eyes were real tired by then. 

This book is a keeper and I can't wait for my daughter to read it. I think she would enjoyed it as much as I did.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg