Three to get Deadly by Janet Evanovich

 

Synopsis :

Cuddly Mo Bedemier, Trenton's favorite ice-cream seller, has gone missing.  Stephanie Plum, carbohydrates' biggest fan, needs to track him down.  But it's not raspberry ripple she's after.  Mo's jumped bail, and Stephanie's job is bounty-hunting.

Nobody can believe Mo would do anything wrong.  But Stephanie - with the help of big blonde Lula, good cop/bad cop Joe Morelli and fitness-freak Ranger - soon discovers that Mo has more than candy in his basement.  Uncovering the truth about o is one thing, but coping with dead drug dealers, a man-sized chicken and a seriously bright hair colour is pushing Stephanie to the edge.  And when someone holds her hamster to ransom, things look like they're getting deadly.

From the title, anyone who's familiar with Stephanie Plum's series would know that this is the third book in the series.  Following Two for the Dough, I purposely sought out this book while in  my local library recently to test my willpower as I did tell myself that I would stay clear from SP for quite a while  but when I saw this, I thought, what the heck, I do have a trip coming up and it would be nice to have Stephanie for company during the down time.

While One for the Money is the exciting first date, Three to get Deadly is almost like a comfortable thrid date where you are quite comfortable with the other party and you do know that there's potential to go long term.  I know by then that Stephanie have both Joe and Ranger to turn to whenever she needs back up and at this point, Joe is the love/lust interst whereas Ranger is still the backup guy.  Lula is trying her hands at becoming a bounty hunter and assisted Stephanie on her case and joined Stephanie and Ranger in their morning run.  The interst in Ranger is beginning to build up and I won't be surprised of his role is magnified in the forth book - Four to Score.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg