POPULAR – warehouse sales nationwide

POPULAR – the well known bookstores in Malaysia is having a nationwide warehouse sales. This is not the same as the sales at the bookstores but held in different venue like an exhibition hall or warehouse. I saw the notice when I was in Penang recently and when I’m back home, I saw the banner proclaiming the sales from 7 – 12 December 2010 in Permata Carpark, Kuching.

The selection is quite good if you have the time to slowing look through the messy stacks of books. Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella going for 50%, books by Jeffery Archer, Dean Koontz, James Petterson, David Baldacci and lots more all going for 30% - 70% discount. Even Goodnight Nobody was there! I stay far away!

Went there during lunch break and left with these four, all at 50% discount.


1. The Eye of Jade by Diane Wei Liang  (hardcover) – the China version of No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency.

2. Lifeless by Mark Billingham (paperback) – it’s difficult to find books by Mark in the bookstores.

3. Twilight Children by Torey Hayden (paperback) – I was awed by Torey here.

4. Valentine Princess by Meg Cabot (hardcover) - it’s pink and has the word Princess. It’s for my Fairy Pink Princess. :)

See you there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Book Fair - 2nd Time Around Used Books