Goodnight Nobody by Jennifer Weiner


Synopsis :

For Kate Klein, the unsolved murder of a fellow mother is the most interesting thing to happen since the neighbours cracked their septic tank. Up until then life in suburbia has been distinctly underwhelming. So, on days when her kids are in nursery school, Kate launches a murder investigation of her own. With the help of her best friend, Janie, and former flame, Evan, she is drawn deep into the dead woman’s double life. Suddenly suburbia is not so ordinary after all.

I must admit that I was drawn to Goodnight Nobody first by the title and second by the author. The author also wrote In Her Shoes which was made into a movie which stars Cameron Diaz, Toni Collette and Shirley MaClaine which I enjoyed.

Recognising Goodnight Nobody as a chic read, I want to give it a chance, hoping to discover on words, the magic she created with In Her Shoes. Unfortunately, this was not so. The book lacks creativity and humour. It lacks everything.

The story was rather flat and Kate Klein was rather annoying. Married with 3 young children, she is a bored housewife except she takes offence at being called a housewife. In her boredom she decides to take it upon herself to investigate the murder of her neighbour just because she found the body. In the process, she puts her kids and herself and everyone around her in danger. With the reappearance of an ex-love, she is putting her married in danger. All I can say is that she’s pretty idiotic. It’s very much like Desperate Housewife meets Nancy Drew.

The only reason, I read on was to test my mystery solving skills in finding out who the murderer is. Unfortunately, I wasn’t very good at it...haha.... , and that’s the only applause I can give Jennifer Weiner. I hope this is the last time I come across Kate Klein – I can’t stand her!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Book Fair - 2nd Time Around Used Books