The Ice Princess by Camilla Lackberg


Synopsis :

Returning to her hometown of Fjallbacka after the funeral of her parents, writer Erica Falck finds a community on the brink of tragedy. The death of her childhood friend, Alex, is just the beginning. Her wrists slashed, her body frozen in an ice-cold bath, it seems that she has taken her own life.

Erica conceives a book about the beautiful but remote Alex, one that will answer questions about their own shared past. While her interest grows into an obsession, local detective Patrik Hedstrom is following his own suspicions about the case. But it is only when they start working together that the truth begins to emerge about a small town with a deeply disturbing past.



This is what I say :

This is the first title in the Fjalbacka Series by Camilla Lackberg.  However, it is the second book that I read as I started off with The Lost Boy first which turns out to be the sixth title in the series.  While this has no implication on the storyline, it does have an implication on the regular characters like Erica's sister and best freinds and other members of her family.  I know what that character A who doesn't know character D in the first book ended up marrying each other and character E married character F and so on.  However, it doesn't hinder my enjoyment of the story.

The Ice Princess is indeed an interesting 'who-done-it' thriller.   From the first chapter right to the final, it managed to hold on to my interest for the 1 week plus that I spent my time on this title.  There's also something unexpected on something that happened years ago (hope this is not a spoiler for you) that has a direct bearing on what's happening now and although the link is rather weak (in my opinion) it was quite well executed.

With so many things on my plate, I derive a new method in reading.  My target was to read 50 pages per day and if I didn't achieve my target, it would accumulate to the next day. It's actually not difficult to read 50 pages per day.  With a book that is 450 pages, it would just take me one week plus to complete a book and if I keep this momentum, I should be able to accomplish four books at the minimum per month which works out to 48 books in a year. Yeah! target achieved for the year! *haha*  We'll see how it goes.

Camilla Lackberg is my favourite author for the time being.  I also have accumulated quite a lot (if not all) of her titles and I intend to read each and every one of them.  You can be sure that I am slowing but surely plowing my way through the titles.  Next title would be The Preacher.  Keep an eye for my review!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg