The Lost Boy by Camilla Lackberg

Synopsis :

Detective Patrik Hedström is no stranger to tragedy. A murder case concerning Fjällbacka’s dead financial director, Mats Sverin, is a grim but useful distraction from his recent family misfortunes.

It seems Sverin was a man who everybody liked yet nobody really knew—a man with something to hide.

His high school sweetheart, Nathalie, has just returned to Fjällbacka with her five-year-old son—perhaps can she shed some light on who Sverin really was?

However, Nathalie has her own secret. If it’s discovered, she will lose her only child. As the investigation stalls, the police have many questions. But there is only one that matters: Is there anything a mother would not do to protect her child?
 



This is what I say :

This author is new to me.  I have heard of her and especially I have heard of this title - The Lost Boy but I never had a chance to get my hands on her titles...until a few months back when I was blessed with a collection of her books.  There about eight books altogether and because I have heard of The Lost Boy and not the others, I decided to start with this title first.

I love it.

It was quite difficult to start during the first ten pages of so but slowly and surely I got the 'hang' of the author's way of story telling and it wasn't long before I am totally engrossed into this book.

They are two stories...the main one which is set in current timeline and a secondary story which was set more than one hundred and fifty years ago but in the same island where Nathalie is.  It was a brief story which would make it's appearance every few other chapters but it was captivating enough for me to want to know what happen to the characters from 150 years ago and how it impacted the current story line.

Camilia Lackberg is a Swedish author and is known as Europe's Queen of Crime.  She's really good at hinting and teasing readers until pages just seems to turn on their own in order to catch up with her hinting and teasing.

For a translated version, her story is surprisingly quite international and easy to read.  The one difference I encounter was just the names of the characters which I am not used to but doesn't really impact the story much.

I read it during the mother's day weekend and the week thereafter and after I completed it, I can't wait to start on the other titles that I have and I should start with her first title The Ice Princess. Keep an eye on this blog for the review!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg