Death In Holy Orders by P.D. James


Synopsis :

On the East Anglian seacoast, a small theological college hangs precariously on an eroding shoreline and an equally precarious future. When the body of a student is found buried in the sand, the boy’s influential father demands that Scotland Yard investigate. 

Enter Adam Dalgliesh, a detective who loves poetry, a man who has known loss and discovery. The son of a parson, and having spent many happy boyhood summers at the school, Dalgliesh is the perfect candidate to look for the truth in this remote, rarified community of the faithful–and the frightened. 

And when one death leads to another, Dalgliesh finds himself steeped in a world of good and evil, of stifled passions and hidden pasts, where someone has cause not just to commit one crime but to begin an unholy order of murder. . . . 

This is what I say :


This is one of title from my Reading Marathon and yes, this was read in December last year around Christmas time.  I can't really tell how long it took me as I was reading this at the same time as a few other titles but if memory serves me right, I started this much earlier but only was serious about it right around the holiday season.

Like most P.D. James's title, it's an investigative novels and this time round, the investigation took the detectives to a small theological college in a village somewhere in the UK.

LIke most of P.D. James's title, it wasn't very thrilling but rather mellow but I do enjoy the writing as it reminded me a bit of Agatha Christie's style but different.

I think this is the third or forth title by this author that I have read over the years and I have a couple more of her books so it's a slow and steady read as well.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg