Under The Dome by Stephen King

Add caption

Synopsis :

On an entirely normal, beautiful fall day in Chester's Mill, Maine, the town is inexplicably and suddenly sealed off from the rest of the world by an invisible force field. Planes crash into it and fall from the sky in flaming wreckage, a gardener's hand is severed as "the dome" comes down on it, people running errands in the neighboring town are divided from their families, and cars explode on impact. No one can fathom what this barrier is, where it came from, and when -- or if -- it will go away.
Dale Barbara, Iraq vet and now a short-order cook, finds himself teamed with a few intrepid citizens -- town newspaper owner Julia Shumway, a physician's assistant at the hospital, a select-woman, and three brave kids. Against them stands Big Jim Rennie, a politician who will stop at nothing -- even murder -- to hold the reins of power, and his son, who is keeping a horrible secret in a dark pantry. But their main adversary is the Dome itself. Because time isn't just short. It's running out.
This is what I say :
I must admit that I have seen the TV Series based on this title a few years ago.  It spanned over three seasons and in my opinion, it went downhill as the season went.  The series started off strong and was super exciting and I was engrossed in following it. However, towards the mid of season two, the story-line gets too chaotic and and the show lost it mojo.
As such, when I got myself a copy of the book not too long ago, I was actually quite apprehensive as I wasn't sure how close the story-line runs parallel to the book and how much deviation there will be.
However, since I am committed to the book, I better just give it a try and right from the start, the difference is very obvious and I realised that there's a great and huge difference between the book and the series.
While the series was rather good, the book is good too.  It's actually more intense and I would think if this book is made into a movie, and the movie stays truth to the book, it would be a rather great movie as visually, I think it would be rather awesome.
Anyway, while this is not the 'true horror' style that the King of Horror are known for, it was still terrifying intense and intensely terrifying.
Being a fan of Stephen King, I am rather glad I read Under The Dome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg