Bookfest @ Singapore 2011


Do you remember my wish in this post?

Well, talk about being at the right place at the right time :).  While in Singapore over the weekend, I made it a point to drop by Bookfest @ Singapore 2011 which is currently being held in Suntec Convention. It opens daily from 10 am onwards.  Admission is free.

Entrance to the hall

I reached there around 11 am on a Sunday.  It wasn't very packed.  The event felt more like a huge bookstore rather than book festival. It is very well sectioned and systematic with English language books on one side of the hall and Chinese books on the other end. The whole set up reminded me of Popular Warehouse Sales that I have attended but without the discounted books.


There’s a huge range of books and stationeries available but unfortunately, the books were not very cheap and the most discount given was around 20% only. For example, I bought a Geromino Stilton book (for YA) at 20% discount but the same book is being retailed at 15% cheaper in Singapore Intenational Airport and purchases of 2 books will get a further 20% discount. This wasn’t even in the departure lounge. Just at the check in area which is assessable by the public.



There were talks scheduled throughout the days on various topics but I wasn't paying any attention to them. 

Good selection of Chinese books

Anyway, it was a good experience and although I didn’t buy any books for myself, I bought a few YA books and some tools for craft works.
The event is conveniently located in Hall 601 – 603 of Suntec Convention Centre. The nearest MRT Station is via Esplanade Station, Exit A. 

Their official web is at : http://www.bookfestsingapore.com/about.htm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg