Watching the Dark by Peter Robinson

 


Synopsis :

DCI Alan Banks reluctantly investigates DI Bill Quinn with Inspector Joanna Passero. Quinn, convalescing at St Peter’s Police Treatment Centre, was killed by a crossbow on the tranquil grounds, and left compromising photos. 

Quinn may be disreputable, linked to a vicious crime in Yorkshire and to a cold case – English Rachel Hewitt 19 vanished in Estonia six years ago.


This is What I Say :

I have not read any titles by this author prior to this title. Watching the Dark is the first title that I read but it's the 20th installment in the universe of Chief Inspector Banks.  

It's a murder/crime investigative title and it was quite good. Good enough for me to read right till the end although it took me quite a long time...over a period of months actually.  I am happy to complete it finally so that I can move on to other titles.

There's a couple of murders in this story and they are in a way related so reading Watching the Dark is like watching the investigation of these crime.  Can't say much about character development. The focus is on investigation development so if you like that you will like Watching he Dark.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg