The Golden Cage (Faye's Revenge #1) by Camilla Lackberg

 


Synopsis :

Faye has loved Jack since they were students at business school. Jack, the perpetual golden boy, grew up wealthy, unlike Faye, who has worked hard to bury a dark past. When Jack needs help launching a new company, Faye leaves school to support him, waitressing by day and working as his strategist by night. With the business soaring, Faye and Jack have a baby, and Faye finds herself at home, caring for their daughter, wealthier than she ever imagined, but more and more removed from the excitement of the business world. And none of the perks of wealth make up for the fact that Jack has begun to treat her coldly, undermining her intelligence and forgetting all she sacrificed for his success. 

When Faye discovers that he's having an affair, the polished facade of their life cracks wide open. Faye is alone, emotionally shattered, and financially devastated--but hell hath no fury like a woman with a violent past bent on vengeance. Jack is about to get exactly what he deserves--and so much more. 

In this splashy, electrifying story of sex, betrayal, and secrets, a woman's revenge is a brutal but beautiful thing. 


This is what I say :

Camilla Lackberg to me, is one great author. I like the way she writes and also the plot and storyline were always unique and different.  I especially loved the Fjallbacka Series that features husband and wife, Patrik and Erica.  I have read all the titles in that series and you can check out my review in my previous posts (just go to List of Authors page, click C and look for Camilla Lackberg and the revews on the Fjallbacka Series would be there)

However, The Golden Cage is very different from The Fjallbacka Series.  While Erica might be nice and kind and helpful and all things nice, Faye is the total opposite.  I wasn't really expecting that when I started this title.  The Golden Cage was also more 'trashy' in everything possible and there's a few x-rated scene.  Again, wasn't expecting that.

However, as I read along, I was guessing how the storyline would progress and I am happy to share that I wasn't wrong.  It went exactly the route I predicted it.

Honestly, I dont like it as much as the Fjallbacka Series but I was quite happy to read The Golden Cage just to read and experience the way Camilla Lackberg write.

Books two is entitled Silver Tears.  I will certainly check it out.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg