The Year I Met You by Cecelia Ahern




Synopsis :

Jasmine know two things: one, she loves her vulnerable sister unconditionally, and will fight to the death to protect her from anyone who upsets her. Two, she's only ever been good at one thing – her job helping business start-ups.

So when she’s sacked and put on gardening leave, Jasmine realises that she has nothing else to fill her life. Insomnia keeps her staring out of her bedroom window, and she finds herself watching the antics of her neighbour, shock jock Matt, with more than a casual eye. Matt is also taking a forced leave of absence from work, after one of his controversial chat shows went too far…

Jasmine has every reason to dislike Matt, and the feeling appears to be mutual. But not everything is as it seems, and soon Jasmine and Matt are forced to think again…
 


This is what I say :

Hello. I am back. Finally with a title that took me 1 month to read this.  I could have read in within a week but it took me 1 month as I wasn't as committed to reading as previously.  I am however, slowing picking up my pace.

The Year I Met You is a rather quaint title.  I quite expect that from Cecelia Ahern as she does write stories that are no the run of mill but in her own way.  If you are expecting this to be a love story between Jasmine and Matt, you will be quite disappointed.  However, there is a connection between Jasmine and Matt that's rather endearing and perhaps in another time and at another place and in the hands of another author, the story could have run differently.

The story span over four seasons starting with Winter and ends with Fall and the changes the Jasmine and Matt faces and encounter from being neighborhood strangers to rather neighborly friends.

If you are expecting plots, there's really none.  It's just a view of the lives of two rather lost individuals dealing with something they have never dealt with in their lives and learning about themselves and about each other along the way.

I didn't like it while reading it but only like it after I read it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Book Fair - 2nd Time Around Used Books