Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass #7) by Sarah J Maas

 


Synopsis :

Aelin Galathynius has vowed to save her people ― but at a tremendous cost. Locked within an iron coffin by the Queen of the Fae, Aelin must draw upon her fiery will as she endures months of torture. The knowledge that yielding to Maeve will doom those she loves keeps her from breaking, but her resolve is unraveling with each passing day…

With Aelin captured, friends and allies are scattered to different fates. Some bonds will grow even deeper, while others will be severed forever. As destinies weave together at last, all must fight if Erilea is to have any hope of salvation.


This is what I say :

Finally I reached the last book/title in the series.  A reading journey that took me almost 3 years starting with the first title Throne of Glass in November 2018 and ends with Kingdom of Ash in July 2021.

I didn't know what I was in for when I starting this series but I must say it's been an interesting reading journey, one which I really like.

Aelin started off as a thief and an assassin, going by the name Caleana Sardothien and by the series progress, she's Queen Aelin Galathynius.  There's more of her adventures in about six novellas about her time as a thief and assassin but I haven't read those yet.

It's not the perfect series. There are non and at times I really do not like some of the characters (even the good one and even the queen, there are moments which I think she's rather silly) but generally it was a good series.  I didn't like all the hype with the wyrdkeys but in the end, it's like misused in the hands of Aelin.

I didn't think much of Manon Blackbeak and the Thirteen at the earlier part of the series and kinda skip over them but surprisingly Manon became my favorite character towards the later part of the series and yes, the yielding of the thirteen was a very sad part in the book.

Lorcan and Elide became my favorite couple and Lysandra became my favorite hero together with King Dorian Havillaird.

Anyway, am glad I completed the series.

Goodbye Aelin and Rowan, Manon and Dorian, Lysandra and Aedion, Lorcan and Elide, Chaol and Yrene, Nesryn and Sartaq. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg