The Mystery of Mercy Close by Marian Keyes

 


Sypnosis :

Helen Walsh doesn’t believe in fear – it’s just a thing invented by men to get all the money and good job – and yet she’s sinking. Her work as a Private Investigator has dried up, her flat has been repossessed and now some old demons have resurfaced.

Not least in the form of her charming but dodgy ex-boyfriend Jay Parker, who shows up with a missing persons case. Money is tight – so tight Helen’s had to move back in with her elderly parents – and Jay is awash with cash. The missing person is Wayne Diffney, the ‘Wacky One’ from boyband Laddz. He’s vanished from his house in Mercy Close and it’s vital that he’s found – Laddz have a sell-out comeback gig in five days’ time.

Things ended messily with Jay. And she’s never going back there. Besides she has a new boyfriend now, the very sexy detective Artie Devlin and it’s all going well, even though his ex-wife isn’t quite ‘ex’ enough and his teenage son hates her. But the reappearance of Jay is stirring up all kinds of stuff she thought she’d left behind.

Playing by her own rules, Helen is drawn into a dark and glamorous world, where her worst enemy is her own head and where increasingly the only person she feels connected to is Wayne, a man she’s never even met.
 


This is what I say :

It's been a long while since I read any titles by Marian Keyes.  I used to love her books and have almost all her titles at one point in time.  I actually have quite a lot of her titles in my collection which I intend to keep and re-read them again.  That was my plan once upon a time.  As at now, am not sure if I would have get round to doing that.

Anyway, I have been wanting to get hold of a copy of The Mystery of Mercy Close for quite a few years already. Published almost 9 years ago, it's about the youngest (I think) of the Walsh sisters, Helen Walsh.  There are five sisters in the Walsh family and each sister has their own story.

Claire's story is in Watermelon, the only title that I have reviewed.  Rachel's story is in Rachel's Holiday, Margaret in Angels, Anna in Anybody Out There and we have here Helen with The Mystery of Mercy Close.

Each title also has a social issue and in The Mystery of Mercy Close, Anna actually has to deal with depression and suicidal thoughts.  Marian handles such issue in a very delicate manner, neither play up or play down the issues but treated them importantly but not too heavily.  That's what I like about Marian's writing throughout most of her books.

Just for the record, I am also currently another of her title, The Other Side of The Story which I think I read previously but I cant remember.

Her other titles that I read and reviewed are Last Chance Saloon, Sushi for Beginners and This Charming Man.

Back to Mystery, it's quite quaint and I do like it but I can't really relate to Helen (I never have even when she made appearance in her sisters' stories).  I was glad she finally has a own title.  She really needs help and her family are supporting her in their own way, the best they know how but she has to deal with a lot of issues on her own but she does it the Helen Walsh way so good for her.

It was quite enchanting to read Marian Keye's titles again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg