Nostalgic Gateaway (#1 2019)


Image from the web. Credit to the creator.
Love the colour

I am doing a weekend gateaway. It's the first time I am travelling out of town for this year so even though it's just for 2D/1N, it's something to look forward too.

However, it s not a fun trip though. More to attend to some personal matters rather than holiday.   At the same time, it's a chance to meet up with a friend whom I have not seen for more than 10 years.  She has invited me to bunk in at her new condo and I surprised myself for accepting!  Normally, I value my privacy and would normally prefer to stay on my own even if it's in an airbnb.  Anyway, it's would be nice to 'catch up' after so many years and we'll probably be visiting some of our old 'hound' late into the night!  Yup, the 'good old days'

I also want to check out some Korean grocery stores to see if I can get some produce that I need to make something that I have been wanting to make but I don't have that ingredient locally.

So, even though it's a short trip, how can I travel without my reading companion.  Due to luggage weight limitation, a book that's not too heavy is one of the main consideration.


With all things considered, I was greatly attracted to read Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill which I bought from a friend as a pre-loved copy early last year.  Yup, it's under the horror genre and when better time to read this than during the horror month but to read this while on travel? Am I out of my mind?


At the same time, I have started on The Last Dickens by Matthew Pearl so the desire to just bring this book along and continue it is very strong.  But what if I finish reading it during the trip itself? I don't wish to bring another title?

Which shall it be?  I shall reveal when I do the review for the above titles after I return.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg