Secrets to the Grave (Oak Knoll Series #2) by Tami Hoag


Synopsis :

Marissa Fordham is dead, but her daughter is found at the crime scene, injured but alive. Now sheriff's detective Tony Mendez and child advocate Anne Leone begin to peel back the layers of Marissa's life. 

And the shocking truth they discover puts them directly in the sights of a killer with a stunning secret to keep; because Marissa Fordham never existed...


This is what I say :

I was so excited to read this particular title as I really enjoyed the first book in this Oak Knoll Series by Tami Hoag, Deeper Than The Dead which I read in December last year.  

While this review is only done in February, I actually read Secrets to the Grave in January.  Like the first book, I read this as an e-book.

I would also like to share that while this is the second book in the series, the stories are actually stand-alone and not connected.  What connects are just the characters which I have kinda grown to appreciate.  Anne who was a school teacher and whom I didn't really quite like becomes more likable in this book and so is Tony.  I am still not so partial to Vince, the profiler from FBI who has a bullet in his head.

The story itself is quite thrilling too and again, I was determined to succeed in guessing who the killer was or who the killers were....*hint* there could be more than one killer?  I am not saying... taking that secret with me.  You just have to read it yourself to find out!

Next is book three entitled Down the Darkest Road and yes, I read that already.  

Review coming up real soon! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg