The Girl Who Could Fly by Victoria Forester

Synopsis :

Piper McCloud lives with her normal ma and pa on a normal farm in normal Lowland County.  But Piper isn't your normal girl.  Ever since Piper was a baby, she's been able to hover a few feet off the ground, and if the people of Lowland County knew she could fly, they would have something to say about it. 

So, it only seems best that Piper be sent away to I.N.S.A.N.E., the top secret school for children with extraordinary abilities like hers.  Her new friends have powers like telekinesis, X-ray vision, and the ability to create their own weather.

Piper likes her new life at school, but soon, she realizes things arn't as they seem.  Now, the school she was sent to for her own protection might be the most dangerous place she's ever been.

This is what I say :

I can't remember how this title ended up in my collection.  All I remember is that it's a long time residence in my bookshelf but not at my part of shelf but rather, the princess's.  Anyway, while clearing the shelf recently, I happen to just read the synopsis and thought it might be a good idea to make it my 'traffic read' .


I am quite glad I did.  Although The Girl Who Could Fly is more relevant for teens and pre-teens, it is still entertaining enough and I do enjoy it.  Actually, it's Piper who's entertaining. She is just so bubbly, hyper and generally optimistic and all time high. :)

This book has elements of Mrs Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children but is more mild and certainly more relevant for the age group mentioned above.  There wasn't much of any characters development and the focus is very much just on Piper.  Even think, the development focus on just the storyline but then as this is for pre-teens and teens, perhaps it's intentionally so, so that children of that age group would be captivated by it.

The sequel to this title is The Boy Who Knew Everything and I think it ends there.  I don't have the sequel and I am not sure if I would want to read it too.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg