The Andromeda Strain by Michael Crichton

Synopsis :

The United States government is given a warning by the pre-eminent biophysicists in the country: current sterilization procedures applied to returning space probes may be inadequate to guarantee uncontaminated re-entry to the atmosphere.

Two years later, seventeen satellites are sent into the outer fringes of space to collect organisms and dust for study. One of them falls to earth, landing in a desolate area of Arizona. Twelve miles from the landing site, in the town of Piedmont, a shocking discovery is made: the streets are littered with the dead bodies of the town's inhabitants, as if they dropped dead in their tracks.

This book has 331 pages.  I read until about 70 pages and realized that I can't really go on.  This book is very scientific especially biological warfare which is something that I am not keen on.  However, in the light of books written by Michael Crichton like Congo and Jurassic Park and the one book that I read not too long ago, I am quite certain that the suspense is there...but it's been slowly built up.

For all I know, I am still at the introduction section and if I have persevere on, I would be have really enjoyed the thrill of what this book as to offer.  Unfortunately, I wasn't really keen to persevere on and for all I know it would be my lost but somehow this book just doesn't call out to me. 

Maybe another time, another season then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg