Holiday Read


It's a school holiday week next week and the family will be going on a road trip.   Everyone's pretty excited as this will be a new experience for us - driving over eight hours to a small town that I have been before for work but the rest of the family have not been yet.

Naturally, I must make sure I have a good read during the long journey and while we're there too.  Most of the times, I would end up not having enough time to read as we'll be too busy doing enjoying our holidays :) but there would be pockets of down time and that's when I would lost myself in whichever book that I brought alone.  As such, it's important that I bring along the right book as a wrong choice would mean nothing to read for the whole trip.

I did mention here that I inherited heaps of new read recently.  I have started on them and the few that i read so far met my expectation.

For next week holidays, I have shortlisted my choice to these three books : 
  •  She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb - read a couple of chapters already and quite like it.
  • The Village By The Sea by Anita Desai - since I'm traveling to the town by the river.
  • Ishg and Mushg by Priya Basil -  a story of three generations of a family in India, East Africa and UK
I haven't decide yet on which so I guess the next review would reveal my choice. :)



In the meantime, if you're on a holiday, wishing you a wonderful holiday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg