The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

Synopsis :

Bilbo Baggins was a hobbit who wanted to be left alone in quiet comfort. But the wizard Gandalf came along with a band of homeless dwarves.  Soon Bilbo was drawn into their quest facing evil orcs, savage wolves, giant spider and unknown dangers.

Finally, it was Bilbo - alone and unaided - who had to confront the great dragon Smaug, the terror of an entre countryside!  This stirring adventure fantasy begins the tale of the hobbits that was continued by J.R.R. Tolkiens in his bestselling epic, The Lord of the Rings.

So, that's what The Hobbit is all about.  I must say, I really enjoyed reading it and already am thinking of re-reading it sometime in the future.  I must first admit that I am not a Tolkienite, neither am I a Ringer or whatever you use to describe fans of J.R.R. Tolkien.

However, I did enjoy the Trilogy of The Rings (the movie) but I have yet to watch the movie of the same title by Peter Jackson so I really approached the book with totally no expectation at all.  After reading it, I must say I am looking forward now to The Hobbit movie and really hope that Peter Jackson stay as true to the book as much as possible.

I saw the trailer of the movie and I must say  I can't wait to watch the first time Bilbo met the thirteen dwarves and Thorin Oakenshield looks rather kingly in the movie (he was quite comical in some way in the book!) I can't wait for the battle in Misty Mountain, the battle with the orcs, the goblins, the riddle between Bilbo and Gollum, the encounter with the giant spider, the prison in the Kingdom of the Elvenking, the attack of Smaug, splendour of the Arkenstone and all the riches in the Lonely Mountain and most of all the final battle that ends it all.

If you say you like The Hobbit the movie, do try to read The Hobbit the book. Nothing beats the original work by the master himself.  You will be blown away by such enchanting and majestic tale that stands the test of time.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg