Purchases at Popular Year End Sales!


 Popular Bookstore year end sales started on last Thursday, 15 November in Permata Carpark Kuching and will run for 10 days.  By coincidence, I went on the 1st day of the sales.


The place was packed!  I had to line up for about 45 mins to pay for my purchases.  I guess it could be because it was a public holiday on that day and the city folks took opportunity to exercise their spending power,buying not just one or two books but by the basket full!  My cynical mind actually wonders how many would actually read the books they bought.


Anyway, I managed to get some very good selections and will look forward to the many hours that I will spend with them.


These are what I bought :


1. To the Nines by Janet Evanovich - the 9th book of the Stephanie Plum series.

2. Man and Boy by Tony Parsons - I have been wanting to try this author.

3. The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Carlos is a Spanish writer.  His work is being translated to English. I read his fist book, The Shadow of the Wind many years ago and that book impressed me even until today.

4.  The Circle Series by Ted Dekker - This is the complete volumes of Black, Red, White and Green, i.e. 4 books in 1.


If you have not been and would want to get some good bargains, head to Permata Carpark Kuching.  The sales will end on 24 November.  Who knows, we might meet each other there. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Book Fair - 2nd Time Around Used Books