Original Sin : A Sally Sin Adventure by Beth McMullen

Synopsis :

SHE HAS A LICENSE TO KILL. AND CARPOOL.

Seeing Lucy Hamilton, you would think she is just like any other suburban stay-at-home San Francisco mom. She takes her three-year-old son Theo to the beach, playground, and the zoo. She makes organic applesauce, folds laundry, and plays on the floor with Matchbox cars until her knees ache. What no one knows about Lucy, not even her adoring husband Will, is that for nine years she was known as Sally Sin, a spy for the USAWMD (United States Agency for Weapons of Mass Destruction). And that’s just the way Lucy wants to keep it – a secret.

Ian Blackford, a notorious illegal arms dealer and Lucy’s long-forgotten nemesis, returns to the USAWMD’s radar, and they are forced to call Lucy back to action to lure Blackford out into the open. As she races to unravel the mystery that surrounds Blackford’s return (and get dinner on the table), she realizes that the answers she needs lie in a past that she’s tried very hard to forget. In a race against time, Lucy must fight to save herself, her family – and, oh yes – the world.

I can’t believe that this is a debut novel. It’s a great spy mystery for ladies – a cross between chick lite meets female version of James Bond….no…not quite right. It’s more of a female version of Jason Bourne.

Initially I thought this book might be rather tacky and there was a slight regret that I offered to review it. I couldn’t be more wrong! It’s a fabulous book…fun and exciting to read. I love Lucy Hamilton aka Sally Sin. She witty, smart, pretty but that she’s rather paranoid with safety and for good reason after being a spy for nearly a decade. She’s a woman with a past that she’s not aware of and is hinted here and there and especially at the end of the book.

Ian Blackford, the nemesis is an interesting character too. Handsome, sexy, charming and dangerous…lethal combination. Both Lucy aka Sally and Ian seems to have a ‘thing’ for each other although they did not admit so openly but through actions and mannerism, it’s not difficult to guess.

I am so glad I read this even though I read an e-copy. I wanted to go and get a printed copy now but I don’t’ think it’s available at the local bookstore yet since it was only published this week. If you happen see this in your local bookstore, get the copy, trust me, you will not regret it.

I hope the author will sell the movie rights to the right studio. I am looking forward to the movie version of this. I am also waiting, impatiently for the next book. There will be a next book, right? I mean, Sally and Ian still have so much offer and now that I have a dose of them, I want more.

Beth McMullen graduated from Boston University with a degree in English Literature and an MLS from Long Island University. After landing a gig with Reader’s Digest, she eventually realized she’d rather write books than condense them. She lives in Davis, California with her husband and their two children.

Original Sin is published by Hyperion. I review this for NetGalley.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg