That’s When I Talk to God by Dan & Ali Morrow


‘Every night at bedtime, Mom helps me put on my favourite monkey pajamas, gives me a drink of water and tells me a story. Then we snuggle close and she says a prayer before we go to sleep’.


That’s how the story of this little girl starts. She learns that talking to God is not just limited to bedtime but anytime of the day and on anything from thanking God for her best friend, for asking God to give her courage to do something and also asking for forgiveness. She also learns to pray for people who doesn’t know God yet.

I read this story with my own little girl and she loved the book as much as I do. The fact that it’s in purple, my favourite colour has already won me over. The illustrations are so colourful and attractive. I would have like it better if the fonts are a little bigger, not that they’re small now. Other than that, there’s nothing I don’t like about this book.

At the end of the book, there are 3 bible verses on prayers, one of which is the Lord’s prayer. These verses can additional teaching tools to teach children on talking to God. My little girl and I had a discussion on prayer after reading the book and I reminded her of the time her prayers were answered by God. :)

Published by David Cook, That's When I Talk to God is written by Dan and Ali Morrow. Ali’s father, Lee Strobel, author of Case for Christ wrote a note of encouragement and inspiration to the readers. This can also be found at the end of the book.

Special thanks to B&B Media Group for this review copy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg