The Stranger (previously The Gallows Bird) by Camilla Lackberg


Synopsis :


A string of suspicious deaths points to a potential serial killer who has turned his eye toward Fjallbacka and her dark forests, where two children vanished decades before.

A local woman is killed in a tragic car crash, but it isn’t a clear-cut drunk driving case. The victim’s blood contains high alcohol levels, but she rarely drank a drop. Meanwhile, a reality television show begins shooting in the town, and as cameras shadow the stars’ every move, tempers start to flare. When a party ends with an unpopular contestant’s murder, all eyes turn to the cast and crew―could there be a murderer among them? 

The ratings spike as the country tunes in to a real-life murder mystery. Detective Patrik Hedstrom finds himself increasingly unable to focus on the strange circumstances of the first case, but what if that holds the key to a series of other unsolved cases across Sweden? Under the unforgiving media spotlight, Patrik tackles his toughest investigation yet.


This is what I say :

Here I am, once again, with the next title in the Fjalbacka Series by Camilla Lackberg.  I seems to be unable to tear myself away from this series.


The previous title of The Stranger is The Gallows Bird.  I have no idea why the title was changed.  I really am not able to relate the title to the storyline but I actually prefer this than The Stonecutter.  It wasn't a very thick book too as it's less than 400 pages.

Timeline wise, The Stranger takes place right after The Stonecutter and I would say it's about a few months (at least 6 months I think) after The Stonecutter.  

Patrik and Erica and getting ready to get married.  Anna and family are currently bunking in the same house and it's rather amazing (also unrealistic) how quickly Anna got back to her feet right after a walk and a talk with Dan.

It's also rather unrealistic in certain plot in the storyline and without revealing much, I would say it's not the first time the same thing happen.. cue The Lost Boy.   Even then, I still enjoy it.

I still enjoy the story but the effect of too many books is beginning to affect the writer at this point. I really hope the next title, The Hidden Child gets better treatment.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Book Fair - 2nd Time Around Used Books