Lifetime by Liza Marklund


Synopsis :

Police Officer Nina Hoffman finds her fellow officer David Lindholm on his bed with bullets through his head and stomach. Next to the body is his wife, Julia. The traumatized Julia rambles on about a woman entering the house, killing David and running off with her son, but all the evidence seems to point in Julia’s direction. 

Annika Bengtzon covers the case and is drawn in headfirst when she sees that Julia is about to be falsely charged. 

Working against the clock, Annika must clear Julia’s name and find her missing son.


This is what I say :


Liza Marklund is a Scandinavian author.  I just realised that she co-wrote Postcard Killer with James Patterson which I read about three years ago.

I have never read any titles that just carries her own name.  Lifetime would be the first time.

Like many novels nowaday, while Lifetime has a stand-alone story-line, it's also part of a universe that consist of series of titles.  In this case, after reading it, I discovered that Lifetime is the seventh book in the universe of Annika Bengtzon.  

In this title. I can't be sure if  the story revolves around Annika trying to proof that Julia's innocent or Annika trying to find out who killed David. She did a lot of digging into David's past.  Nina is a dark horse.  The ending of the book reveals something about Nina but yet at the same time reveals nothing. It's most frustrating.

I don't quite like Lifetime.  I find the writing chaotic and rambles on at time.  I don't quite like Annika too.  She's too real. But yet, I can understand that Liza is trying to make her real.  

Anyway, I am debating with myself I I should read the other books by Liza Marklund that I have with me.  I have not decided.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Book Fair - 2nd Time Around Used Books