The Stonecutter by Camilla Lackberg


Synopsis :

The remote resort of Fjällbacka has seen its share of tragedy, though perhaps none worse than that of the little girl found in a fisherman's net. But this was no accidental drowning ...

Local detective Patrik Hedström has just become a father. It is his grim task to discover who could be behind the murder of a child both he and his partner Erica knew well.

What he does not know is how the case will reach into the dark heart of Fjällbacka and tear aside its idyllic façade, perhaps forever.
 



This is what I say :

Here I am, once again with another title of the Fjalbacka Series by Camilla Lackberg.  I guess I can't stay away for long right after The Lost Boy, The Ice Princess and The PreacherThis time round and which happens to be book number three in the series, is entitled The Stonecutter.

The Stonecutter took place a few months after The Preacher as Patrik and Erica are now a family with a little baby.  A little girl died and it was discovered that it wasn't an accidental drowning but a murder.

Again there's two stories in this title that intertwined...one from 1920s and the current story above.  I must admit that I was more interested in the story from the 20s and actually skip ahead just to read this story and in the end I read on the connection between that story and the current one.

Among the titles from Camillia that I read so far, this is one of my least favourite but it's still nice and I still enjoyed it.

However, I think I will give this author a break even though I still have three titles in my shelf waiting for my attention.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Book Fair - 2nd Time Around Used Books