Doesn't She Look Natural? (Fairlawn #1) by Angela Hunt

 

Synopsis :

How do you cope when God asks you to bury a dream? In this new series by best-selling author Angela Hunt, readers will meet Jennifer Graham, the no-nonsense chief of staff for a Virginia senator who quits her job after a divorce and finds herself an unemployed single mom. 

Forced to live with her mother until she can find work on Capitol Hill that does not involve her gregarious ex-husband, her efforts are stymied until she learns that she has inherited a funeral home in picturesque Mt. Dora. 

Jennifer journeys to the small Florida town with her two sons and her mother, never dreaming that within a mortuary she will discover she has inherited a rewarding career that teaches her far more about life than death.


This is what I say :

It's been a while since my last post. Much has happen to the family as the dreaded covid paid a visit and caused some serious damage in the health of myself and a family member.  Am glad that we are all recovering although some side effect still lingers on.  You would have thought that I would be reading a lot during the time of forced rest but no, I was so exhausted most of the time and just too sick to read or do anything.  The fact that a beloved family member was admitted in hospital and there's nothing much I can do except to grab stuff over and to pray.  It was during those times that I do try to read a bit and I was drawn to the Fairlawn Series by Angela Hunt.

A series of 3 titles, the book are in extremely new condition as I bought them from the floating bookstore years ago and have been keeping them on my bookshelves all these while.  Am glad I started on the series during the above challenging time as these are Christian novels and certainly most uplifting with the messages of encouragement, forgiveness, trusting in divine intervention and such.

I didn't quite like the first title which is this one Doesn't She Look Natural? as I thought too much happened in just one book but then, I do like the message in this book.  Indeed let go and let God made a lot of sense here.

I always believe there's a time a season for everything, even what we read and this was the time and season for me to read these titles.

One down two to go.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Book Fair - 2nd Time Around Used Books