Impulse - Three Complete Novels

Impulse is three complete novels in one book. These are romance novels are well known authors and I can't remember when did I buy them.  It wasn't during the book fair towards the end of last year so it must have been bought a few years ago.

Fist, you have A Single Rose written by Barbara Delinsky.  The synopsis read 'Shaye Burke wasn't surprised at the invitation - a Caribbean treasure hunt was just aunt Victoria's style.  But a beat-up old sloop with no engine?  And an honest -to-goodness pirate at the helm?  And the skipper's arrogant nephew? Noah Van Baer was rugged and sexy, and too late she recognized her aunt's hand at matchmaking.  She and Noah hated each other on sight!'

I share the same sentiments.  I didn't like it at all too. I read the first chapter and realized that this is not for me.  I am not a fan of romance novels and I certainly don't intend to waste my time on it.

Second title is Keeper of the Bride by Tess Gerriten.  This I read as I recently discovered Tess Gerritsen and I like what I read and although this is classified as an earlier work of the author as classified as romance, I thought I can live with that and give it a try.  Its' a romance thriller and not too bad and certainly wasn't was good as her other novels but I can say I'm happy with it.  Synopsis 'Nina Cormier would have been a beautiful bride, had the groom bothered to show up.  But when the empty church exploded, Nina got the message.  Someone was after the bride-to-be.  And Portland cop Same Navarro was no white knight.  he'd protect her, but no way would he put them both at risk by falling for her..

The third title is Midnight Rainbow by Linda Howard.  I didn't read this as I know I can't handle romance.  Why did I buy this book in the first place?  Here is the synopsis in case it interests you 'Was Jane Hamilton Greer just a wealthy socialite in over her head, or was she really engaged in espionage that could comprimise U.S. interest?  She was being held captive, and Grant Sullivan had agreed to rescue her, but getting her out was something else.  Especially when it became clear that this man and this woman, from two different worlds, should never have met.

So, fans of romance novels, you will be over then moon with this book as like some beverage you can find in the market, it's a 3 in 1. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Book Fair - 2nd Time Around Used Books