Prospect Street by Emilie Richards


Synopsis :

When Faith Bronson's marriage ends abruptly, she finds her privileged life shattered.  Only just beginning to face the lie she has lived, she finds sanctuary with her two children in the shabby Georgetown row house that's been in her mother's family for generations.

This historic house harbors dark secrets of its own.  When Faith takes steps to rebuild her ancestral home, she meets Pavel Quinn.  Though he is connected to her past in stunning ways, his strong attraction to Faith is enough to convince him to keep silent, because the truth could drive her away forever.

But now the secrets of the house on Prospect Street are about to be revealed.  For it is only when the truth is told that Faith, her family and the man she loves can make a new beginning.

Having read Beautiful Lies recently and enjoyed it tremendously, I was happy to find another copy of title by Emilie Richards in my collection.  I honest do not know at times how many titles I have in my collection that I have not read.  Do you think I should do an inventory?

Anyway, I really enjoyed Beautiful Lies and such I was really excited to read Prospect Street as if it's really as good as Beautiful Lies, then I am in for a wonderful read.  I was wrong!  Prospect Street is not only as good as Beautiful Lies, it is so much better!  On a scale of wonderful read, it really ranked among the best read of the year!

The story revolves around Faith and the changes in her life with the end of her marriage.  Forced to move into a house owned by her mother, she makes changes to the house and while doing so uncovers the secret within the house. Secrets much older than she is but secrets that will affect and change all that she stood for and all that she believes in but at the same time secrets that will release her from family bondage that she never understood why.

In the author's note, the author gave readers an insight into her thoughts and on her fascination with
Georgetown.  She did that too for Beautiful Lies so it might be one of her trademark and I really appreciate her more for it.

Having encounter now two wonderful books by Emilie Richards, I am wonderful why I have not read her books before and why she is currently not in the shelves of my local bookstores.  Maybe she is but I never really pay attention.  I certainly shall pay attention from now onwards.

If you have a chance to get hold of Prospect Street, do give it a try. You will not regret doing so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg