Four Blondes by Candace Bushnell


I bought this book because of Candace Bushnell’s fame as the author for Sex and the City and Lipstick Jungle. I read Lipstick Jungle but not Sex and the City. I must also confess now that I have not watched any of the TV series nor SATC series nor the movie. I thought I would give Four Blondes a try to see if I would like it. Unfortunately, I didn’t like it. It is just not my type of read. However, they do have potential to be developed into a sleek and sexy movie or TV series but as a book, it is lacking the ‘wow’ factor.

Four Blondes consists of four short stories about four different women, all of them blondes, naturally. The four stories are totally not related. I find the stories pretty insulting to blondes as the characters were portrayed in very typical bombastic manner.

First up we have Janey, a beautiful B-list model who scams rent-free summerhouses in the Hamptons from her lovers until she discovers that getting a man isn’t the same as getting what she wants.

The second story is about Winnie and her husband James. She is a high-powered magazine columnist and he’s a literary journalist and their lives are thrown in a crisis when expectations are not met.

Third, we have a Cecelia, a modern day ‘Cinderella’ who marries a prince and realises that life is not a fairytale after marriage and she wants anybody’s life except her own but learns that she has to accept it because it’s hers to keep.

And lastly, we have an American writer who travels to London in search of an Englishman who can provide her with the love she can’t seems to find in Manhattan and she needs to find it before her time runs out.

Buy and read ONLY if you are a fan of Candace Bushnell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg